1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PRS bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chimaera1982, Nov 10, 2004.

1. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Any comments about this bass? I saw on their webbie n the reviews of HC quite good. I think i read HC reviews it also as a very good bass. How the feel? I saw several being offered in evil-bay at low prices. How is the neck, thin/thick? Is it heavy? Howse the tone of the bass? Punchy/growly?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    youll find few people who have them around here so that says alot. Ive played a fair amount of them becuase im good friends with the PRS dealer in town. Basically theyre alright basses but for the money you could do alot better. theyre expensive, i think they run around 2 grand. For that kind of money you can do alot better IMO.

3. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    For 1-2 grand ill rather ge spectors or others, but there are several in evil bay priced at 600-800, those are the ones am aiming for..

4. chimaera, I own an original-issue PRS and have played every flavor of the new models, and I have to agree with hyper--you can do a hell of a lot better. If you want a PRS, save your pennies until an '80s model pops up.
    KFS