Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PRS bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chimaera1982, Nov 10, 2004.

1. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Any comments about this bass? I saw on their webbie n the reviews of HC quite good. I think i read HC reviews it also as a very good bass. How the feel? I saw several being offered in evil-bay at low prices. How is the neck, thin/thick? Is it heavy? Howse the tone of the bass? Punchy/growly?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    youll find few people who have them around here so that says alot. Ive played a fair amount of them becuase im good friends with the PRS dealer in town. Basically theyre alright basses but for the money you could do alot better. theyre expensive, i think they run around 2 grand. For that kind of money you can do alot better IMO.

3. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    For 1-2 grand ill rather ge spectors or others, but there are several in evil bay priced at 600-800, those are the ones am aiming for..

4. chimaera, I own an original-issue PRS and have played every flavor of the new models, and I have to agree with hyper--you can do a hell of a lot better. If you want a PRS, save your pennies until an '80s model pops up.
    KFS