1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PRS basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockwriter, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Rockwriter

Rockwriter

Aug 25, 2018
    Hi can anyone give there opinion on the PRS basses, I have two of there guitars which are outstanding ,its the SE custom model that interests me. Cheers Stevie

2. I tried a Kingfisher a couple of years ago...well built (as most Korean offerings are) with good balance...really liked the sound form the bridge pick-up solo'd, but at $850.00 dollars I found other things i liked better...not a big fan of the aesthetics...also a little on the heavy side

If they sold in the $500.00 to $600.00 range I would have been more inclined to buy...my advice is to buy used if you dig them

https://www.bassplayer.com/gear/review-prs-se-kestrel-kingfisher-basses

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  3. Rockwriter

Rockwriter

Aug 25, 2018
    Hi Thank you not a fan of heavy basses and I agree the price point is high for a Korean guitar considering the SE guitar S are $500 again thank you