1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRS Gary Grainger 5, Violet Quilt Maple 10 Top, Near Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baltodoc, Jan 31, 2018.

1. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Price:
    $2450
    Strings:
    Gorgeous PRS Gary Grainger 5 with Violet Quilt Maple 10 Top. Near mint condition. I have 3 Gary Graingers and am selling one. I also have my 4-string up for sale. If one goes, the other stays. Mahogany body. 34" scale, rosewood board, 24 frets, 18mm bridge spacing. Weighs 9 1/2 pounds. Fitted with Schaller strap locks. Comes with case/candy also like new.
    Frankly, I'd rather not sell this because 1) it's one of the best playing basses I've ever owned and 2) you can't find them on the used market. Like many others on TB I've overextended with recent purchases a bit and some things need to go. I also have a custom build in process. If some other things sell first, this will surely stay, so I don't expect to be listing this for long. Take advantage of its availability while you can.
    $2450 shipped/insured to CONUS only. PayPal preferred. Not interested in trades on this one.

vio2 - Copy.jpg vio1.jpg vio3.jpg vio4.jpg vio5.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Jeff Elkins likes this.
  2. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Beautiful!! :woot: These are killer basses and one with the right number of strings, too. :bassist:
    Someone please buy this bass before I overextend again!!

Rapisme and SirMjac28 like this.
  3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    is it 18mm spaced? sexy bass

4. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Yes, 34" scale, 18mm bridge spacing.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    This is a great price I've seen the four string versions going for over $4000.

6. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    It shouldn't last long!

SirMjac28 likes this.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I agree these are custom shop instruments and they don't make a lot of them. If I had the extra scratch I would have hit that PayPal button the second this posted.

8. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    What makes this bass 'near mint'?

9. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    All I've found is one little dimple on the top, not able to photograph. It has to be in certain light and position to see. You know the drill, someone will find some little blemish and dispute the term mint. I'd rather undersell and over-deliver. Let's just say it's pretty darn close to mint.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Nightman likes this.
  10. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    I wish I had the budget for this! I like this color better than others I've seen

11. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    I's actually better in person than in the pictures. Under the violet is kind of a greenish thing going on. Gives it a 3-D effect. Really cool looking.

12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Nice bass.
    I saw Gary Grainger playing one with Acoustic Alchemy.
    Great sounding axe.
    GLWTS

baltodoc likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020