Prunes and Custards is the one

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wounded Paw, Jan 24, 2003.

1. So I picked up the Prunes and Custard pedal largely on what people here had to say about. Best decision I ever made. Last night I had two practices, one for the Joe Strummer / Mescaleros tribute and one for a new metal band a bunch of crusty old punks around here want to start.
    Playing deeper almost dub style light finger pressure for the Strummer tunes gave me a real interesting tone and digging in a little was just incredible once the sweep starts to bite in. Very touch-sensitive as Mad Subwoofer had said.
    Switching to the metal band with rapid picking gives a very cool buzzy distortion with some great envelopy tones that our singer called the Evil Horn Of Satan.
    Best Pedal Ever! (Simpsons comic guy voice)
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Who makes this and what is it? I did a search for prunes and custard it only came up with this thread.:confused:
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ok I did one for prunes and Custard, left out the "s"

Thats better.
  4. Cool....I love mine. Playing lightly and cranking the box up really works for me. Enjoy.

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Is there a website for the manufacturer?? Also what do these bad boys cost?
  6. no website but there's a bunch of user reviews at Harmony Central under Crowther Audio in the effects database. (I think)