1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PS-3 vs GT-6b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maybe, May 9, 2010.

1. maybe

maybe

Oct 19, 2008
    Can anyone tell me how does the GT6B pitch shifter compare to the PS3? For example, can it imitate its modes? Is sound quality and tracking better?
    I have a gt6b and I'm loving the ps-3 but I wouldn't want to buy one if they are somewhat the same or if I can imitate it to some extent.
    Maybe not the best of questions but ok :D

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    In most every case, a single effect box will have better sound, and more control, than the same effect stuffed into a muti unit.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I would imagine they're pretty similar- the PS-3 is digital, so there likely won't be the large tonal gap between analog pedal and digital multieffect you usually see. Boss in general throws in every parameter from the stompbox into the multieffect as well. I had a GT-6B, but I don't recall how the pitch shifting was to be honest.

4. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    well if you want to do bass whammy type harmony stuff, use the PS-3, as the pedal bender and Pitch shift are 2 different functions on the GT6B

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    With the pitch shifter on the GT-6b, you can mix your clean bass signal into the mix. you can set the shifter to run +/-2 octaves in heel position and +/- 2 octaves in toe position, creating harmonies with the root note and a shifted note at all times. You don't have to choose between them.

Thus, pedal bend and pitch shift can be done, as long as you want the note you are sounding on your bass as one of the voices. The gt-6b has all the ps-3 pitch shifting controls, but none of the delay. you can get The gt-6b to do almost everything that boss units do, provided they are included in the gt-6b's modeling (No fender bassman, for example), by adding other effect sections.