PS2 GTA: Vice City and similar games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Vice city is one of the VERY FEW games I can come back again and again and play. I think I have ADD, when I was younger I had HDAD (sp?) I'm older and mellower now.

I prefer 'open ended' games where you can explore, goof off, or play missions, find cool secret stuff. If i play a racing game I'm bound to go off the track and explore or race against the grain! I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES ***NOT*** THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

Any other games that would fit these qualifiers? Ps2, xbox or cube....thanks
  2. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Definitely Morrowind, since there really is no "correct" way to play the game. Don't get it for Xbox though, get the PC version, it's very very nice.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    GTA:3 :p

seriously though, if you haven't played GTA3, or GTA2 for that matter, check them out.

But, your other big option would be role-playing games.

MOST RPGs are non-linear, or they allow you ample free time to explore in between the linear story line.

the whole final fantasy series is like this(sans X) where you do a couple of quests or missions or whatever, then you get to do whatever you want, but the game won't move on till you do the next game specific mission.

that feeling of "not playing the game right" that you describe is certainly there in FF games, when you try and beat an impossible boss in the beginning that you are supposed to lose against, or when you go to all the places your not technically supposed to be and gain levels.

stuff like that.

there was a RPG for the computer, in my opinion it was the best computer RPG ....well ever.

it is fairly non-linear, there is A LOT to do, but you have a time limit to do the main quest(something like 254 days)

the sequel: Fallout 2, is even MORE non-linear, there is no time limit and there is A LOT more to do.

both are very excellent games, Though, while they are advertised as giving you a wide range of options, be good, be evil, be like ghandi(never fighting directly) or be like...some..guy that fights a lot.

etc etc. the game is a little biased towards being good, not to say that you CAN'T win doing other things, but it will certainly be a challenge.

so those are my suggestions,RPGs
    final fantasy and fallout.

morrowind is also an RPG :p
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    now don't get me wrong I like some structure to a game. I hate playing games where every 5 minutes I'm yelling at the tv "What the F*** am I suppose to do or find!!!"

I also don't like fighting type games that are too hard. for some strange reason I like WWII games like frontline, wolfenstein. I also liked ghost recon even though it didn't look as slick as socom at least the enemy didn't stick out like a sore thumb! I DIDN'T LIKE SOCOM.
  5. add a vote to morrowind. its a great game, though it gets boring once you get so powerful nothing can touch you* :p

*i didnt even train my fighting skills, i just stole some uber weps and armor with my HIGHLY trained thievery skills :D
  6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    GTA sin city coming out soon!!
    I can't wait!!!

I've never get tired of vice city! Any game where you pick up hookers and get more health (so far from the truth)is a cool game to me! I,ve beat that game so many times but I keep starting over!
    I'm a video game junkie

**Stands up "Hello my name is Joe and I'm addicted to video games"......"Hi Joe" ** Sits down
  7. I watched 2Fast 2Furious last night and now I wish I owned a PS2 to play GTA:VC on!
  8. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I love all the GTA games , I'll never get bored of them.

Midnight Club II is another very addictive game. Its not exactly GTA but its worth checking out nonetheless. They're under Rockstar like GTA too so they can't be bad.

Here's a sypnosis of the game:-
    Midnight Club II
    The world’s most notorious drivers meet each night on the streets of LA, Paris, and Tokyo. Choose from the latest performance enhanced cars and bikes and compete head-to-head to make a name for yourself. There are no rules. Drive anywhere in the city. Find the fastest route to win. The cops know you are out there - don’t get caught.
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Midnight club II is basically just the GTA3 engine without the violence.

just the driving part.

for a driving game it's pretty silly,but still kind of fun I guess.