Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PS2 Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey I've got a question for you guys. Is it possible to connect my PS2 to the cpu without a tv adaptor?

Thanks

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait, what? What you said makes no sense???

You want to connect your PS2, to the "cpu"....what cpu? What are you talking about?

3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    PS2 to the computer...

My friend asked me this question. I didnt know so I thought I'd ask here.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh. Well then. No.

5. like as in play it through the monitor instead of a tv? i think that could be done, but i HIGHLY doubt you could connect it to the actual cpu itself

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    PS2 DOES have firewire, that could probably be used t oconnect it to a computer, don't know what you'd gain by doing so, but you could do it :p

7. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    It can be done. I forgot how my friend did it, but it's been done before. Something to do with control panel. You need the TV 3-ended adaptor wire, though.

8. rca cable? never heard of a cpu having rca inputs :confused:

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uh, as was said before, melf, if you COULD plug the "red blue yellow" plug into the computer, you would have to have a tv adapter.....

So, QUIT CONFUSING DEFELDUS!!!:D

And why are you guys calling a computer a "cpu"? You do know that cpu stands for "central processing unit". Not computer.

WR is right about the firewire. USB INPUTS!!! WOO HOO!

EDIT: I MENT OUTPUTS! WOO HOO!

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I'd have mine hooked up to me computer if my motherboard had an empty slot to stick the card in that has all the TV inputs.......but I'm too lazy to do anything about it anyway.