PSA-1 & Tech 21 Midimouse

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FlamedMaple, Jul 14, 2005.

1. FlamedMaple

Jan 30, 2005
    About to order a PSA-1 by mailorder.

Should I order a Tech 21 MidiMouse, or sthg else like a floorboard with it to control my PSA-1?
    I don't think I'm gonna use it a lot, so floorboard might be unnessecary. Rocktron has some nice ones.
    Don't know much about this. A mouse looks really simple though. Any recommendations here?

Any MidiMouse users here?
    Are u satisfied with this thing?
  2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Haven't used it myself, but opted for a MIDI footcontroller from Axess Electronics instead... the biggest problem I saw with the MIDI Mouse is that it seems to allow you only to scroll thru presets (correct?), which would be a big bummer/PITA if you ever wanna jump from preset 1 to preset 9, for example, in the midst of a song.

The Axess and others allow you to use banks, and have a few more footswitches so that you can jump several numbers in sequence with a single button press. This may or may not be a big deal for you.

The other footswitch I really liked was the ADA.. but not the skinny long one (MC-1?), rather I preferred the older, shorter one that has a dedicated 4-button "side-car" unit... you can dredge up the info on
  3. FlamedMaple

Jan 30, 2005
    Cool, thanks. You can only scroll up and down with midi mouse. 3 knobs in total. Your right this might suck when you have to switch often. To be prepared for future sound experiments, I decided I'm gonna look further to real floorboards.

Would it work with ANY other midicontroller, from any brand? Or are there ones out there, or brands that won't? Really don't know much about the whole midi-thing and effects units in specific.
  4. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I used to use that ezact combination (midimouse/psa-1.) To get around the scrolling effect, you can program your presets according to your song list. It is a pain to shuffle around your presets, though, and the other controller would probably be a better idea.
  5. FlamedMaple

Jan 30, 2005
    Thanks for the replies!! I'm not gonna buy a mouse for sure now :spit: I want a floorboard :p Nobels has a rather cheap one. Rocktron midimate is quite expensive, but heard some positive stories about this one. :smug: