Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Psssst... Hey Buddy... In here

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benbass, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Before I introduced myself to the website I was lurkin' around for several months. I enjoyed it then, but now it seems like I get a lot more out of Talkbass. Malobito just intro'd himself after 2 years of lurking. This made me wonder if there are others just waiting for the right moment to say hello. Well here it is... this is the time... come on, don't be shy!! Introduce yourself!!!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey! what happened to bethany! :mad: :D

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Traded her in for a manlier model. Thanks for noticing!!

4. hi. i'm floydthebarber, but my name isn't floyd. and i'm not a barber.

5. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Oh dammit Floyd everyone knows you already. Would you lay off that stuff?:D

Great name BTW!

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Is your name Bethany(female) or Ben (male). :confused:

Or should we call you Pat.

7. I Lurked for about a year before I posted. Does that count?

If so...hi. Also late if you'll notice! I am a master procrastinator. I'll get around to it later!

8. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I'm really a ... Knock on door "avon calling" Oh excuse me a minute. *leaves and comes back into room* Oh yeah what was I saying.... Oh that's right you wanted to know if I was female or male.... well you see I'm actually... phone rings. Oh excuse me again these dang phones. *answers phone* Oh sorry about that now where were we?? Oh, I'm sorry look at the time I have to go now *runs outside*

I hope everyone has seen that skit. BTW it's Patrick NOT Patricia

9. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    So go ahead introduce yourself. There must be some lurkers around here. *runs off to find better bait* The member directory lists about 14 gazillion members.

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    oh no! All this time I was "flirting" thinking you were a Bethany...not a Ben...;)

and now I'm not sure about myself either--afterall, I'm not really a Texan...but a relocated Virginian...

Great BBass--now i have an identity crisis!;)

what's next?? We find out that rabid_granny is really healthy_grandpa??

11. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Aww, does that mean we can't be friends any more? I thought you were married any way? Huh? MR. schoolteacher, I'm scared o' you!:D

12. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    It's all good BBass...just messin'...:D

I'm glad the butterfly came back--these folks on here don't need another episode of "crazy Odie/hairy butt avatar fiesta"...:eek:

you're scared of teachers? Probably a good thing...we're just here to warp minds and have summers off! ;)

13. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas

That little fiesta was fun while it lasted though!! :D Ya know I almost used that Bbass thing! hmmm.

14. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    it was a riot--
    Benbass is good. Bethanybass had too much chance of showing off my lack of spelling...:D

you could always go for something like: fancylookingbutterflybass;)
    but then I'd have to call you flbbass:D

15. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Lack of spelling... What subject do you teach?;)

16. Hi, my name is Garrett.

I don't think anybody recognizes my posts...at all. I'd love to buy a supporting member account, but I am flat broke..so that kinda stinks.

17. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Who is that guy???

J/k I've seen you around. I'm sure you won't be broke forever. Maybe we could make you an honorary(sp?) member. Note to self call paul about that honorary member thing.:D

18. Lol, thanks man. That would be very cool.

I have just enough money to buy new bass strings every 3 months. Anyway, I figure'd I would add different colors to my sig so maybe I would stand out and be noticed. Dunno if that's worked yet. Lol, I just want to be recognized in a thread. :D

19. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I noticed you Garrett--because I'm jealous of your location:cool:

phys ed...it requires no writing/no tests/just running, jumping, and playing...and the occasional ice pack.:D