Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 3, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

In passing i saw in article in one of the NY papers this morning an article on a new trend in dog breeding "Puggles". They are are breed between a Female Beagle and a Male Pug and they have to be one of the cutest puppys i have ever seen. Anyone get to check one out yet?
  2. Hehe, just did a little googling-- Cute. :)
  3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    My girlfriend wanted one really bad, but we decided to go the adoption route instead. I'm glad we did because we ended up wit 2 great dogs.

They're cute as hell...but I'm a little skeptical on the breeding credentials. I'm afraid alot of puggles might be coming from puppy-mills trying to cash in on the latest trend.
  4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I am not doing anything trendy till they get down with the
    Great Chihuahua thing.
  5. It's OK to cross a Beagle with a Pug, just don't cross a busy highway with a bicycle. :p

Mike :D
  6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    they look real cute!
    I wonder what kind of dog they make though...
  7. That was awesome :D
  8. Thank you.

I try.

Mike :D
  9. I want one!!!

though, I doubt I could ever live without my REAL pugs.

Here is my pug Pugs. 10 years old and umm... 40 lbs.

I spoil him rotten.

I will see if I can dig up the others I have had.

Sad story.

We used to breed them... had a litter of 7... mother got an ilness which poisoned her milk... 2 days later, sadness... mother got diabetes, went blind.... so sad. 2 years after that, the male passed away after figthing a sickness.

fragmented senteces, not a story, but still... sad. well I am sad now

Attached Files:

10. That's pretty cute. I wonder how much they shed.
  11. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    here'S a picture of my real pug,
    10 months old and only 13 pounds!! :D

12. Hopefully not as much as the better pugs.
    Yvon, replied your PM
  13. We train Guide Dogs here at home. One thing the blind people who get them complained about is how much the labradors shed (these dogs really shed!). Well, poodles are one of the few dogs who don't shed, but they don't make great Guide Dogs! So a while back, the Guide Dog Association decided to crossbreed labradors and poodles. I give you... The Golden Labradoodle!

Danny Lad nice to see you around :)

Those are cute Pups , what do they sell for in Ireland?. Do they retain the Lab personality?.
  15. I'm still around. :)

I've not much experience with these dogs yet, but from what I've seen, they're as happy and adorable as real labs, a bit more hyper though. I prefer the real thing though.

No idea what the going price is, I only know them through the Guide Dogs, so I don't have to worry about prices!
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Pugs are my favorite :)
  17. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I'll be the first to say that I still prefer a pure beagle. Those "Puggles" are cute. Chick magnets, which is what all puppies are usually.

What a beautiful animal , i am going to see if i can check some out around the area.