Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PUGS!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ok, I have a pug, had one for at least 10 years, bred them, seen them pass away, being born...

any other pug fanatics here

(or others with them?)

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I had a girlfriend who had a pug. I usually got along with her (the pug was a she) and she was a cute dog.

But...

One day I come in and the pug won't come near me, she just walks along the far end of the living room barking at me.

Her parents had been suspicious of me, just because of past experience with her friends. I'm a good guy, and while I may not of exuded "dapper gentleman" I think I looked unthreatening...high schoolish, but unthreatening.

But the experience with her pug really made me nervous. I didn't want them thinking I was carrying drugs or anything!! But, either they trusted me, or just didn't think anything of the incident.

A month later we broke up.

Good story, huh?

3. atomic_turtle

atomic_turtle

Jun 22, 2003
    Dracut, MA
    Pugs are the spawn of SATAN!!!!

Beware
    :ninja: :D

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

They seem like nice dogs.

5. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    My daughter has one. Quite possibly the smartest dog I have ever seen. Body odor is all I have again them.

tk

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My wife had one before we got married. It did not like men. One evening, it peed all over my coat I set on the couch. I told her to pick between the dog and me. The next morning I delightfully hauled that mangy mutt to the pound. I still greatly dislike them. Sorry, no pug love here.

-Mike

7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I have a buddy of mine who has a pug. His tounge never stays in his mouth. He is a really cool dog. I couldn't have a pug at the moment, my dog would use it as a chew toy. But once my dog goes (hopefully not for a long time) I'll get a smaller dog. Who knows, maybe a pug?

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My daughter (she's 6) and I classify them as "fast-running dogs." They look like they got running really, really fast, then ran SMACK into a brick wall.

See what I mean?

[​IMG]

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    our friend is a pug rescuer :p

she enters them into pug beauty contests. we helped her out by making a judges wig out of 36 tampons one time.