Pulcinella Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I currently have two Fender Roscoe Beck 5's and I love these basses but I'm thinking about selling one of them and getting a different sounding bass. How do you feel about the Pulcinella Basses? I'm interested in the Jazz 5 string bass. Thanks for the response.
  2. Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    My old bass player of many years uses a level5, and it is an extremely excellent instrument in all ways. It's not my favorite looking guitar, but the playability is great, the comfort is unparalleled, and the tone rivals any soapbar guitar I've heard. It's a great deal, if you ask me, and I wish he still really made level 4's!
  3. I have owned two Level 5's, and both were extremely high-quality, well-made basses. They really excel in the comfort and playability departments.

Unfortunately, I always seem to get tired of ANY bass I own, for some reason, but that ain't Matt Pulcinella's fault!!!
  4. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    It's called the 7 month itch.;)
  5. Matt still makes level 4's. check out his site - in the sold basses section there is even one with a MusicMan style pickup and a headstock that looks more like the ones he uses on a level 5/6.

I have a korina level 5 which I love - it's got the basslines p'ups / pre-amp.

Tried an early level 5 with the Jazz configuration at Guitar Villa, dug everything but the amplified tone. Must have been the pickups on that one.

Matt was pretty good to talk to when I got mine - he may have some suggestions about wood / pickup configurations to give you a bass with a diff't tone from your RB5's.