Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pull a chair.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XavierG, Dec 28, 2005.

1. .... and play something.

Over the many years that I've been playing, I've learned many new tricks/techniques just sitting around at fellow basists homes and paying attention when they picked up the bass (between beers or cups of coffee) and played a bit. TalkBass is home to many bassists and I think it would be great if we could kick back, pull a chair, and possibly learn a few new tricks just by watching each other as we (very informally) noodle around on the bass. Post short video clips of you playing a few licks, an entire tune... whatever you like. I'll start off with some laid back goofing off on my daughters' Yamaha, just to get things started...

[​IMG]
    CLICK THE PIC

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

3. I had not seen that yet. Good stuff, Alvaro!

4. If I had a cam I'd contribute what I could (although I'd look crappy in compaired to the TB monsters:oops:)

5. There are TB'ers of all levels and one thing they all have in common is that they all started from scratch. I'm sure the bass monsters here can appreciate that.

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I might put something up, but I've got no idea what.

Good job on the Star Spangled Banner though, I wish I could do that..currently bein a traitor and learning the geetar, then maybe I'll move back to the bass with walking and tapping...maybe.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Wonderful, Alvaro! The vibrato at 1:44 is awesome!

8. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Thanks, Trev (and thanks to all who have enjoyed it). :)

9. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Well done, Alvaro. Cool stuff. :)

10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    This is a GREAT IDEA!! I will definitely add something here once I feel I'm up to par with everyone else!! :)

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Cool thread, X! May I nomiante this one for a sticky?

I've only had the opportunity to take a few lessons, so I've learned a good bit from watching other's technique and listening for others' groove patterns...

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member