1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pull Your Pants Up Florida

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    DAMN KIDS THESE DAYS :spit:

2. Rap's got nothing to do with it...saggy pants were a Country Music thing all the way.

HERE's the guy who started the whole disgusting trend....

[​IMG]

3. littlezak

littlezak

Mar 4, 2007
    I really have to disagree with this law. Since when has it been the governments job to regulate what people wear?
    Maybe they should have outlawed long hair , tattoos , piercings , and unnatural color hair dye while they were at it .
    I mean none of those look good and wont be getting you any jobs so why should they even be legal?:rollno:

4. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    I think we should all have free reign to just pants them as we walk by, and perhaps shove them over on their faces.

You know they can't run after you!

The best is the hippy kids now wearing the hybrid, low-n-baggy with the HUGE monster bellbottoms dragging on the ground like they are trying to sweep all the garbage of the world up their own pants.

[​IMG]

5. While I find it ridiculous to where pants with the waist around your knees I find it more ridiculous for the government to try to regulate our attire, short of public nudity. Now don’t get me wrong I am all for nudity but not when my kids are watching. And not if it’s somebody’s 70 year old grandmother who is naked. But I digress.
    If anyone is keeping current with all the news in Florida. I know a lot of you love to watch us make fools of ourselves down here. There is a debate going on that Florida should lighten up on drug laws because our jails are over crowded. So we are going to let the crackheads out so they can get thrown back in for having baggy pants.
    Personnaly I think we should remove all laws from the books except the bill of rights and start all over.
    PS what the heck is a CHAV?

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Short hair, fake Burberry baseball cap, shell suit in either grey or blue, Reeboks, can of Stella, spliff, likes fighting and shoplifting.

They're the underclass that we're not allowed to admit exists, because of course we've had 11 years of Labour rule and they're supposed to have achieved a "classless" Britain or some such nonsense.

7. I must admit that after seeing the kid in Bowling for Columbine pull numerous weapons out of his baggy clothes (an unbelievable amount) I have a tendency to agree with this law, mainly when it comes to safety in schools.

Try walking into a bank with a balaclava, and see the reaction you get, yet it's only a piece of clothing, right?

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Good point. Let's ban overcoats.

Oh, and cars. You can hide all sorts of **** in a car.

9. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    He probably doesn't want his kid looking like an idiot.

Sounds like good parenting to me.

10. OK.......

What is a burberry baseball cap and Stella?? :confused:

Would Ozzy and Keith Richards have been Chavs back in the day??

11. Naw, we'll just stop letting little kids bring their cars in the school.

:D

I see your point, but I was refering to safety in schools, which us North American know is an absolute reality.

12. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burberry

Burberry is a British luxury fashion company. The chavs took the famous Burberry check pattern and applied it to baseball caps and scarves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_artois

'Stella' is Stella Artois, a cheap, crap beer favoured by chavs.

And no, Ozzy and Keef would not have been considered chavs. They are a very specific group of people. Often listen to either Eminem, Gangsta Rap, or godawful dance music. Usually drive around in pimped up cars blasting it at full volume.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavs

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    The ultimate in nanny state - you're not allowed to look like an idiot anymore...

14. Thanks!!

15. dar512

dar512

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wasn't there a federal program covering this a while ago?

Oh, yeah - "Just say no to crack". :smug:

16. what a pointless law. why do you need the government to tell people how to dress?

17. i like your style!

18. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I think a law about baseball caps makes more sense...but they are all stupid. Let them look stupid. Rewatch Rambo I.

19. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I think the baggy pant thing looks funny. Stupid yet funny. Somebody to point and laugh at on the street. Please don't outlaw it here.

20. Me too unless its against someone I hate.