1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pulled the trigger on a Genz Benz Contour.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flabass, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    Well, after hemming and hawing for weeks I finally pulled the trigger on a Genz Benz Contour 115T. Everything I've read about it has been positive and I've been looking for "the" 15" combo. I hope this does the trick.

rodl2005 likes this.
  2. Pocket4

Pocket4 Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Let us know.

3. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Love mine - at $329 shipped, what's not to like? Seriously, these are no-brainers at current closeout prices.

4. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    I can only play at low volume at my place but I must say that this amp sounds great. It is easy to carry since it weighs just 39lbs. My Ampeg Svt HLF weighed 85lbs alone. Hopefully I'll be able to crank it up soon.

5. JeromeH

JeromeH

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm Thinking of picking-up one of these but I've always been a 10" speaker guy ( or 10's & a 15) how's the mid-range on it?

6. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...posted in your other thread, but will re-post here...

It's an
    excellent deal on a piece of quality gear, but ProAudioStar's last unit, so you'd better act quickly. The combo sounds good across its spectrum.

As with many guys, even on TalkBass, you confuse speaker diameter with speaker attributes/performance. The only thing that speaker diameter tells you for certain is...the diameter of the speaker. Attributes/performance are specific to each individual model speaker & the cab that's built around it. There is no "10" sound" or "15" sound."

7. JeromeH

JeromeH

Jul 15, 2014
    Ordered it about 5 minutes ago!! Thx for the input!!

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I looked on ProAudioStar's site earlier today and was amazed that they still showed them as available. I bought one in January, along with a 115 extension cab. I love this rig. Not real portable, but not bad for a 215 rig. And I think it sounds great. And at those prices it was a no-brainer. I'd be surprised if you're not pleased with it.

9. JeromeH

JeromeH

Jul 15, 2014
    I always played w/ 10's but I figure the amp alone is worth the price even if I buy another cabinet!! But who knows I'm getting older and what I used to think was a "Big Girl" don't look so bad anymore!!!

Pimmsley likes this.
  10. JeromeH

JeromeH

Jul 15, 2014
    My last rig was a Hartke 5000 head bridged into a 15" JBL cab and a GK 400RB into a Hartke 410XL cab with the old ART "Nightbass" processor. shows how long it's been I "liked" the nightbass back then!! Basses a Spector ns2a & a Ibanez MIJ SR500 all LONG GONE!!!