Pulled the trigger on a new board and IEMs - reviews to follow!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by jcerio, Sep 13, 2017.

1. jcerio

jcerio

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Took advantage of Sweetwater's 48 month financing deal to buy a Soundcraft UI16 digital mixer and Shure PSM300 IEM. As soon as I get them and get them set up, reviews will be forthcoming.

2. filmtex

filmtex

May 29, 2011
    I recently bought a Soundcraft UI16 and use it all the time. It works great. Seems to be exactly as advertised. Can't wait to see your review. If I had the resources I'd have a PSM300 as well. Maybe next year!

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    that's cool, but i'm having a hard time seeing the ROI considering that XR18s can apparently be had for $500 and have more input channels and six monitor auxes instead of four.

the little UI box could pretty quickly become too small for an average band (what if they add a fifth member who needs his own mix?) at which point the money spent on it is kind of just lost.

(unless the OP is using it as his personal monitor setup, in which case that would be pretty awesome for just one person)

s0c9 likes this.
  4. musicman7722

musicman7722

Feb 12, 2007
    Hampton NH
    I have to agree. i just moved from using a Mackie DL1608 for 6 years to the XR-18. It only has one more channel of course (the aux stereo in) but the form factor it to be racked, the preamps sound better and they all accept 1/4" balanced ins. Effects are much better as well and $500 was a no brainer too. All in all though good luck to your on the new mixer and IEM.

s0c9 likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022