Pulled the trigger on the Hartke TX600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dbase, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    tx600.jpg

Snibborwocky likes this.
  2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Nice. How does it sound?

3. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

I thought they weren't coming out until June?

But anyway, that thing reminds me of a Sparkomatic car radio.

srxplayer, snarebear and steelbed45 like this.
  4. Sure looks like a TC 450/750 to me!
    Fishheadjoe

5. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Not sure how I feel about the EQ...looks a bit limited. JMHO

6. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    I wonder if it uses a "tone stack", if so, it's odd that it has the frequencies labeled and the "shape" term vs a +/- label is weird too. I love my LH1000 except the tone stack.

7. steelbed45

steelbed45 36 on Ignore Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    I thought so as well - I placed a preorder with Sweetwater for one of these a month ago with that same assumption.

I will admit that I don't dig the looks. Why they chose a color scheme that clashes with every single cabinet they make is up in the air to me, but all said, at this price point I'm willing to give it a go.

8. Gluvhand

Gluvhand Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Rockland County, NY
    Maybe matching color scheme cabs are in the works?

steelbed45 likes this.
  9. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

I'd love to see an 8x6x9 with these:

10636103_336909453153577_5399085823083844354_n-jpg.jpg

dannnnn, Gluvhand and BasturdBlaster like this.
  10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Haven't heard back from the OP. I would guess "pulled the trigger" meaning he didn't get it yet. I'm very interested on how it will sound. I've never owned a large Hartke but a small combo. It sounded pretty darn good, reminiscent of old GK's. I'm very curious how this one sounds. It's a pretty sweet price too from what I read. For 600 watts. Also clever that they went between 500 and 800 watts, found their own sweet spot.
    I hope we get an update on the tone once he gets it. As far as looks, meh doesn't bother me either way.

11. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Well I went to Youtube and found a Hartke performance at NAMM 2016. I tried to listen to the amp but frankly Wooten never stayed on one note long enough for me to hear what it sounded like. But I can tell you what I heard it sounded awesome. And I don't want to start a fight but it was a 210 and 115.

I wish some TB'er would go to these shows and do a real bass performance, play a song or something other than the usual 15 minute wank job. Anyway here's how the stuff looks:

lax4bags and lesliegl like this.
  12. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    This is odd. There's only one Speakon but appears to be a 1/4" input. What the heck? It does say it goes down to 4 ohm so it's meant to use both plugs?

hartke back.JPG

13. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Same deal on my PF-800. You could I suppose do that, but daisy chaining from cab to cab would be what I'd do.

14. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Ugh, that's awful. The hybrid jacks should really be totally standard by now, IMO.

Gearhead17 and BasturdBlaster like this.
  15. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I agree. Makes me wonder what goes through designers' minds when they do this kind of stuff. LOL. A $1.00 more at the design stage and there would have been two combo Speakon plugs. But I can see where they would make this error. Have you ever had the pleasure of working with engineers? LOL They have different thought processes than us mere humans.... :)

You can tell there certainly was the room to make two combo Speakon connections. Maybe a bean counter came in and ordered the change to save 50¢.........

I had a Hartke kickback many years ago. Man it kicked butt for the time. I loved the tone-- it cut through a thickness of two guitarists, singers, keyboards, and drums. It was so easy to schlep around and the tone was excellent. Never forgot that sound. I'm a GK guy now but I've always kept an eye open for Hartke stuff....

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Eminor3rd likes this.
  16. backin82

backin82 Jack of a Few Trades

Sep 9, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I actually contacted their customer support asking if they planned to do a class D version of the HA series heads. Their response was basically, "Buy a TX600. You'll love it."

From what I understand, the TX600 is LH-series preamp, which I don't really dig. I'd much prefer the HA series.

Oh well.

17. timmo97

timmo97

Jan 17, 2009
    Iowa
    Intrigued. Like the sound of my LH500 but it's getting a little heavy to haul around.

18. bathnapkin

bathnapkin

May 28, 2011

Hartke posted a new demo but it's so short.

19. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet?

20. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    Larry Hartke's Facebook page has them in stock at the Bass Lounge in NYC.

I already bought an Ampeg PF500, but I may get one of these as well...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022