Pulled the trigger.. Stewart World 1.6!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Jan 26, 2005.

1. So, after a lot of research in the TB archives and elsewhere on the Web, and advice from numerous people, I called Jack Read this morning and ordered a Stewart World 1.6 power amp. This will be my first pre/power set-up. I'll be using a Sansamp RBI with the Stewart, which I'll run bridged/mono into my SWR Goliath Sr. I can't wait to hear this thing roar!
    This experience reminded me once again how great Talkbass is. I hit up various people via PM for advice and counsel, and everyone responded really quickly and in great detail about power amps and their set-ups. It really helped me decide. So, many thanks to Bob Lee (QSC), rockstarbassist, atldeadhead, bikeplate, Joshua, and roscoe5.. I really appreciate your help. I'll post a review once I get it all set up.
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Awwwww, yeah! One of my rack rigs is RBI —> Stewart and I love it. I owned the Goliath Senior for awhile and that cab kicks some serious a$$. I only got rid of it because I didn't have room for that and my Bergies. Let us know how it works out for ya!
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good move. I use a Stew 1.2 from time to time with an RBI. Very nice combination and light! I also use a 2.1 Stew with a Kern 777 when called for. Stewart amps have been good, reliable performers for me.
  4. Well, the brown truck pulled up outside my house about a half-hour ago with the Stewart. I read the manual about three times (and re-read the Sansamp RBI manual about three times) just to make sure I wouldn't explode anything, and then I hooked everything up bridged mono into my Goliath Sr., plugged in my Curbow, flipped the big rig on and let it rip. Couldn't play for too long (elderly neighbors, dedicated local police force) but this is, like, GOBS of power. I turned the Stewart up about 90% of the way and then started blending in the preamp. I pushed the RBI's Drive control to about 4 1/2 and the Level to 5, and it was almost overwhelming. And, the best part.. not even remotely close to clipping the power amp. Ah, headroom! I fiddled with the RBI's controls a bit, and there are a ton of tones in there. I'm going to experiment some more tomorrow after work. I think I'm a happy camper. :hyper:
  5. I used the rig in a live situation for the first time last night. Wow. Headroom! I had the Stewart's volume at about 85% and the level on the RBI at around 3, and it was crushing. I think I finally got it right. :bassist:
  6. Dave, did you ever get to A/B the Schro/21012 with your Goliath?
  7. Not yet, but I hope to hear the 21012 within a few weeks. I've got my 6x10 sold, so I'm about ready to order a Schroeder from the Atlanta Bass Gallery. I'll probably ask him to get a 410 and 21012, with the guarantee that I'll buy one or the other. Having heard the 410 he has in stock, I'm sure I'd be happy with it, but I definitely want to hear the 21012 before I make a final decision. The Goliath Sr. sounded awesome last night.. it's just too freakin' big!
  8. Is it as uncolored and clean as most SWR stuff is said to be?

Just curious, thanks. :)
  9. I would say so, yeah. Very punchy and loud, and it's got a nice edge to it when you feed it some power. If only it didn't weigh 115 pounds..
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    congrats Siff, I'm trying to put a lighter pwr/pre rig together for my self at the moment... That CE1000 is heavy...

I might look at the Stewarts.