1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pulled the trigger today on Tecamp Black Jag 900!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Well the G.A.S. got me, along with Scott McArron and his post on the Tecamp Puma he just got. Anyone says they found an amp they like better than the Mesa Boogie M9 (I owned one too)and it weighs 4 pounds, I'm buying one! I'm a knob turner, so the Black Jag will give me many more tone options, which is good because it's twice the price. I'm NOT on a tone quest. I love the way my Ampeg stuff sounds. I'm on a weight quest! My back is giving me fits so I have to shed some pounds in the amplifier department. My Ampeg SVT-4 Pro is a bit of a lead sled but I love it. I bought an Ampeg 8 Pro and an Ampeg 7 Pro, but neither one were "it" for me. Both were good, but my ears always kept me going back to the 4 Pro. The Tecamp has big shoes to fill, so it will be here in a few days and I'll report back

Black Jag 900

Attached Files:

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

subscribed!

3. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    The Black Jag is on my radar, too.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

4. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    Thank you Ken for all of your information and video on your experience with Tecamp and the Puma. Definately helped me with my decision here!!!

5. Looking forward to your review! I loved my M9 and still think it's one of the most phenomenal amps out there, like a dragon that needs to be tamed, but the Puma 500 2nd gen is another kind of animal that's feature set and EQ is right in line with my goals and needs. And 3 lbs?! Ridiculous! My band LOVED it on the gig as well as I. So with that being said, I'm highly interested in hearing about the Black Jag!

6. Ncognito

Jan 8, 2002
    Well it's here. Initial observations are: WOW. Truly unbelievable sound for 6 pounds. Glenn was right. The "Rock" control really makes a difference for what I'm looking for. Fiddling around now, but 3 gigs this weekend will tell the tale.
    tecamp1.
    tecamp2.