Punch Factory and Mr.Squishy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3NotesAbar, Jan 29, 2006.

1. 3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005

I've searched all the compressor threads and have yet to come up with some conclusive ideas of these 2 pedals. Generally good reviews from fellow TB'ers though :)

Can anyone rate /10 these pedals in terms of:
    1) Transparency (when 'on')
    2) Range of sound settings

Thanks!~ :)
  2. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    punch factory;

1) Transparency : 10
    2) Range of sound settings : 1
  3. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    well, maybe im being a little extreme.....

lets say 8 and 3
  4. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    That's pretty much the way it is. But you can use it as a DI as well (that's what I'm gonna do)
  5. chrispy108

May 3, 2005
    Mr Squishy:

Very transparent
    Decent range of sounds, but not huge.

Sounds fantastic though!
  6. 3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    I'm starting to get the picture :)

Ok erm...i may be pushing it but I got a few more questions, and i'd really appreciate any useful comment:

1) If both the Squishy and PF are pretty much in the 'transparent class' among compressors, is there yet another compressor thats heads and shoulders over these 2 in the same department?

2) I'm currently running a Boss Limiter Enhancer and a MIJ-made Compressor Sustainer-2 (yes i know)... The LMB-3 works just fine as a limiter and for adding a nice 'new-string' sparkle to all my basses. But the CS-2 is kinda noisy at most settings. But i thought of getting it for 2 reasons: to enhance fretless emulation and to get a nice edgy attack (exagerated as some put it) when slapping or doing ghost noted grooves. Can anyone name a pedal compressor which does that at a better signal-noise ratio?

THANKS! :bag: