Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Punch Factory and Mr.Squishy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3NotesAbar, Jan 29, 2006.

1. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
    Hi,

I've searched all the compressor threads and have yet to come up with some conclusive ideas of these 2 pedals. Generally good reviews from fellow TB'ers though :)

Can anyone rate /10 these pedals in terms of:
    1) Transparency (when 'on')
    2) Range of sound settings

Thanks!~ :)

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    punch factory;

1) Transparency : 10
    2) Range of sound settings : 1

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    well, maybe im being a little extreme.....

lets say 8 and 3

4. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    That's pretty much the way it is. But you can use it as a DI as well (that's what I'm gonna do)

5. chrispy108

chrispy108

May 3, 2005
    Mr Squishy:

Very transparent
    Decent range of sounds, but not huge.

Sounds fantastic though!

6. 3NotesAbar

3NotesAbar

Jul 3, 2005
    Singapore
    I'm starting to get the picture :)

Ok erm...i may be pushing it but I got a few more questions, and i'd really appreciate any useful comment:

1) If both the Squishy and PF are pretty much in the 'transparent class' among compressors, is there yet another compressor thats heads and shoulders over these 2 in the same department?

2) I'm currently running a Boss Limiter Enhancer and a MIJ-made Compressor Sustainer-2 (yes i know)... The LMB-3 works just fine as a limiter and for adding a nice 'new-string' sparkle to all my basses. But the CS-2 is kinda noisy at most settings. But i thought of getting it for 2 reasons: to enhance fretless emulation and to get a nice edgy attack (exagerated as some put it) when slapping or doing ghost noted grooves. Can anyone name a pedal compressor which does that at a better signal-noise ratio?

THANKS! :bag: