1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Punchy cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neatobassman, Dec 14, 2006.

1. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    What are some punchy, throaty cabs. I'm not worried price to much right now, just nothing over like 1000. lol. Also, while running a power amp in stero, or parallel, can there be a different ohm cab for each output or does it hurt the amps?

2. guidedbassman

guidedbassman

Nov 21, 2006
    malone ny
    Hey man you can do that as long as your cabs aren't a lower ohm than your amp can handle but most cabs that wouldn't be a problem. as far as cabs you can't go wrong with a 810 but if you want something that is going to be supper easy to move and will give you the biggest bang for buck look inti the avatar cabs i know a bass player that only uses two of avatar's 210bs with 500 watts and its one of the best rigs i've heard and with avatar's prices you could never go wrong.

Hope this helps John:bassist: :bassist:

3. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    I know about avatars, and I have a 2x15 and a 4x10 already, so my body says "eff a 8x10".

I just want to see what you guys think are some really punchy and throaty cabs.

4. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    For punchy tone , I choose EBS and Markbass.
    If you want something light , consider the Markbass 102HF or the EBS NEO 210.

5. grooVWy

grooVWy

Apr 9, 2005
    FIN
    SWR Henry the 8x8" punches quite nicely.

6. I would recommend SWR also. My most punchy is my Megoliath 8X10. It is a beast, but is able to be used as two separate 4X10 cabinets (one with a tweeter for treble). This configuration works well with a stereo head. Also the cabinet can be run as an 8X10 with all speakers working together. They are more than the price you spoke of, but I see them on ebay from time to time for about $800. Best cabinet I have ever owned.