Pup for MIM P-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I want the sound of the Late 60's - Mid 70's P-bass. Always been using Duncan pups on my guitars, can't see why to change. My localmusic store guy recommends the QP, but that doesn't make it sounds like the old p-basses he says. I've been looking at the Antiguity 2 pup, anybody tried/have that?

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    If it's a vintage sound you're after(assuming that, since you are considering the Antiquity II)I would suggest the Nordstrand NP4. IMHO this pickup will deliver the kind of sound you're looking for, and then some.

Pricewise, it's pretty close to the Antiquity.

Contact Jay Lewis at www.blueberryhillbass.com He can tell you all about how the Antiquity II compares to a Nordstrand NP4. His customer service is top notch. Jay is at Talkbass as JPJ if that helps.

I think you'll be very satisfied with the NP4. I love mine!
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're going for vintage, why not a Dimarzio Model P? They designed it in the 70's back when they were VERY popular. A lot of recordings you hear are actually the Dimarzio's I believe.
  4. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Thanks for your answers but i live in sweden, we have no dealer for Nordstrand here, i think? :confused:

I'm not switching over to Dimarzio, i'm a proud Seymour duncan user! :D
  5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    See if blueberry hill bass will ship to Sweden.

If not, go to www.bestbassgear.com Brian will ship overseas. The service is excellent there too.

IMHO it would be worth the effort.
  6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  7. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i have the duncan vintage spb-1, iit gets a really good vintage p bass tone, i like it a lot