Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PUP ? for you experts

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Hounddog, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Hounddog

Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I have a Peavey Cirrus and love the playability but was wondering what other active pups were available to me and if I would find better pups than I already have ? I want the best possible and was wondering if there are better out there.

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Hounddog,
    Could you post the type of pickups (brand/model) that are already in your Peavey? Including some dimensions (length, width, etc.) would also be helpful. ;)

3. Hounddog

Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    JPJ,

Thankyou, I will get that info for you. I am at work right now.

4. Hounddog

Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    JPJ,

I was thinking about this and I think they are VLF PUPS. I will look into it further when I get home. I am not sure if there is a replacement but was wondering what if any pups are available for a Cirrus Bass.

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I did some looking on the Peavey site and if they're stock, they're Peavey's VFL pickups. They appear to be EMG-shaped, but it's hard to tell just by looking. Depending on the measurements, you may have a lot of options or none at all. ;)

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I haven't found any aftermarket pups to match the Cirrus VFL measurements.

7. Hounddog

Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    davidmwilson

I was told to contact Tom Wagner 386 517 6823 and he could fix me us with some barts that replace the VLF Pickups that come in the Cirrus. I will try him tomorrow.

JPJ,

I will measure those pups tomorrow. I just got home from work and rotate to day shift Tomorrow and I have to be back in at 6:00 in the morning.