1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P'up Magnet Question...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Essthreetee, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    I have recently received a Dimarzio Jazz p'up set in a trade...on one of them, the magnets that is on the bottom next to the poles has come loose (no longer held on with silicon). My question is, can I (or should I) just glue the magnet back on with some super glue or something???

Here is a picture to help you understand.

The picture is of the bottom of the p'up and a moved the magnet in question so that you can see it...

Thanks in advance.

2. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    nobody have any ideas????:confused::help:

3. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    After putting the magnet back in place, you could use some melted wax or clear silicone adhesive to keep them in place.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    any thin glue that doesn't take up too much space between the mag and the keeper. This happened to a set I had too.

5. msiner

msiner

Sep 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    As Trevorus indicated, the most important thing is to make sure the magnet is the same distance to the pole pieces as the other magnets. Any non-metallic adhesive should do the trick. A silicone adhesive would probably work pretty well to hold it and it should have enough mass to set it into its proper place(as compared to a liquid glue). Good luck.

6. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Another important thing is to make sure it's turned so the polarity is the same as the other one on the same poles. They should each other.