Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PUP selection help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by full_bleed, Dec 27, 2005.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm looking at pickups right now for a custom that I want made. I'm looking for a very versitile pickup that will be able to wire in both series and parallel as well as switch from front coil/both coils/rear coil. For aethetics only I perfer a pickup with no exposed pole pieces but I will not rule one with them out. I wish to be able to get all 3 "standard" american tones i.e. jazz, p-bass, and musicman and more if possible. The pups I'm looking at right now are Bart CF and MM4CBC as well as Nordstrand's MM4.3 although I have no experience with these pups and have not heard any sound samples to base my selections from :( . I'm curious about bassculture pups but I can't seem to dig up much info on them. Any and all suggestionsand comments are welcome. Moderators I will be placing this thread in 3 different locations in hopes to get more responses as I know that not everyone visits the same TB sections.