1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PUP selection help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by full_bleed, Dec 27, 2005.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm looking at pickups right now for a custom that I want made. I'm looking for a very versitile pickup that will be able to wire in both series and parallel as well as switch from front coil/both coils/rear coil. For aethetics only I perfer a pickup with no exposed pole pieces but I will not rule one with them out. I wish to be able to get all 3 "standard" american tones i.e. jazz, p-bass, and musicman and more if possible. The pups I'm looking at right now are Bart CF and MM4CBC as well as Nordstrand's MM4.3 although I have no experience with these pups and have not heard any sound samples to base my selections from :( . I'm curious about bassculture pups but I can't seem to dig up much info on them. Any and all suggestionsand comments are welcome. Moderators I will be placing this thread in 3 different locations in hopes to get more responses as I know that not everyone visits the same TB sections.