Puppies and Bass Harmonics!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    My thirteen week old puppy barks at high F, F#, and G Harmonics. It's hilarious! Can someone please explain to me why she does this?
  2. I dunno, but whenever I pick up my bass to play my dog will come sit down in front of me and watch me play, she loves it :) She likes bass so much one day she decided to investigate it and walked up and started licking the knobs, LoL.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well different pitches do different things. Dogs have very sensitive hearing. Maybe those harmonics sound like howling and the dog thinks it's another dog (Hey dogs aren't geniuses). Kinda off topic. Whenever I played C# on my bass at my old apartment, a light fixture that was broken would rattle. But it had to be the lowest C# on the bass (In EADG tuning), other C#s didn't rattle anything, nor did any other note. :meh:
  4. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    When I play the higest B on my bass (CGCFA) I get what is like a feedback sound, but only on that note when im near the cabinet.
  5. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah, whenever I would have my amp up to high, my window would always buzz/rattle a little...
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Our puppy barks at shaddows :) Don't read into it. They're babies afer all..........
  7. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    My dog sings along with a violin, and sometimes a piano, but never my bass, or guitar playing.