1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pups for Modulus Q6 TBX

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by edwinhurwitz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    I've been waiting for about 9 months for a pair of SGD neos for this bass, and it looks like maybe I'm waiting in vain. So, any ideas for other pickups? It's got EMG P and J 45s right now, which are OK. I'm not a huge fan of Barts in Moduli, but am looking for something along the lines of the Lane Poors that I used to have (come to think of it, he owed me a pair when he went out of business, too).

Alembics would be nice, too, but probably too pricey.

TIA

2. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    Kent Armstrong makes some really nice custom humbuckers. I've heard reports that he can also make "sidewinder" armature pickups, similar to SGD's recent offerings or the old Lane Poor pickups.

Delano SBC pickups are nice as well, and they're available in EMG45 cases. But they are somewhat expensive.