1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Purchase advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamersonburton, May 5, 2015.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    So I'm going to sell a couple of instruments that I no longer use and use that to buy a (as in one) bass.
    The two contenders are a MIM Fender Jazz V and a Hofner Ignition Club bass (was considering a pawn shop bass vi but maybe not).

If I get the jazz V I also have a pj (flats) and a p (nickel rounds) so it would most likely get SS rounds.

If I get the Club bass, then I would put flats on that, setup the P/J (squier standard p) to BEAD (nickels on the p, SS on the then bead pj most likely)

So essentially I'm asking the classic 5 string or Bead tuning question but there is a bit more thought going into this considering that it will change my current basses.

Standard Jazz Bass® V (Five String) | Standard Series | Fender®

Hofner Ignition Club Bass Guitars

2. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    get the jazz V. The Club is horribly overpriced IMO

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Speaking "sonically", wouldn't there be a huge gulf of a difference between the two…doubly so when you count the different strings? I mean, what kind of sound(s) are you looking to achieve? I would think that alone should determine which bass to get, yes? o_O