purchase barts online

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dougray, Sep 17, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i am wanting to upgrade my ibanez BTB 5 string bass with bart's,who/which online store would have the full line of barts?,ready to ship?thanks in advance...
  2. go to www.bassgear.com and look for the post that says "Bartolini Stuff Cheap!" he seems to be out to help people & he stocks a bunch of Bart stuff.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If the guy on bassgear can't help you, call Grasshopper at Bass Central. He can get most Barts in just a few days.
  4. A word to the wise, dougray -

Always check stock when ordering Bartolini (or Hipshot) hardware. If the vendor doesn't have it in stock it can take weeks or months to get - especially if it's something other than a P or J pickup :)

I ordered a set of bart soapbars to replace the pickups in an Ibanez SR406 last year - four months later I cancelled the order because I sold the bass. Gabe at Bass Northwest told me that he's waited more than a year for a set of custom barts.

If the vendor's got it in stock you're in good shape - but if he doesn't you're at the mercy of Bill Bartolini. He makes great pickups but his customer service leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
  5. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    yeah i know,i wonder why bartolini and EMG both ,are that way if the store doesnt have em' it can take weeks/months? to get them.this is the age of "fast food" when i want something i want it like "yesterday" lol,thanx for replies...
  6. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    check out u-retro and j-retro at least they will answer your cuestions over there. I am going to get one of there pre's soon.

nice fellows

I was going bart but I could not find enough info

7. HI:
    I had also heard the same stories about Mr bartolini taking a while to fill orders, on the order of weeks, month etc.
    I called grasshopper at basscentral and spoke to him about what i wanted ( a prewired harness slightly custom) and he called it to Bartolini on Monday morning, and grashopper sent it out the following Monday (7days later). I suspect becuz of the volume that grasshopper does w/ mr bartolini that he has top billing. During the same time i ordered from grasshopper i also called in an order for an "off the shelf" Bart preamp setup from another bass specific dealer. It took them over 3 weeks to get me this item.

My lesson... if I want a another piece of bartolini stuff, I'm call grasshopper
    my experience