Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Purchased my First Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Feb 9, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Finally after 6 weeks of waiting, I went and bought my first bass. It's an Ibanez BTB405, i tried out mulitple basses, but the BTB405 was still the best bang for the buck, I got it in like a Cherry Red, i was looking forward to the blue one, but they sold it. I paid 680$ cdn, and they gave me 2 free setup's when i ever i wish to get them. I tried a few soundgear models but, I became a Bassist to play bass, not a bass with a guitar neck. I plan on selling my Fender FatStrat and pick up a nice 2x10 combo, maybe even a head/cab after i'm finsihed paying off the bass. Just thought i'd share the great news.

Heres a story on the way back into the town i live from the city, It's been snowing, and raiing, and cold. So the highways were covered in Black Ice, I seen so many accidents and we came close to So many, I seen a semi truck/trailer Jack knife accross the lanes, a Grey Hound Bus, hit the ditch, and many cars hit the ditch and other objects, but i'm glad to say, that my bass and I have arrived home safely, but it took us 3 hours to get back instead of the usual 30 mins, but best to be safe then sorry.=)

2. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    I should also add, with my 24 hours or so with the bass, The finish was great, no scratches, dents, nothing, it was a bit out of tune, but the guy tuned it, and changed the batteries before i held it away. Action is a little high, but It's not bad (I'll get a setup soon), Sound was amazing, so much control over the sound, feels very soild, I can't say anything bad about this bass except only if it would of came with gold hardware(I perfer gold), but its way better looking then any of the guitars i'v ever purchased inc a fender fatstrat.

3. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Glad you're enjoying it, I like mine too! ;)

Have fun...

4. I've had my BTB405 for a little over six months and, I too, really like this model. Mine is a Transparent Purple which actually is closer to a deep wine red - really sharp. I've only seen one other BTB since receiving mine. It was a transparent black and I could consider the black one if I ever had to get another. I was impressed with my BTB right out of the box. I've tried several different sets of strings and have settled on the TI Jazz Flats. The TI's have been on my bass now for about five months and I believe they compliment the bass quite well.

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Congratulations on the new bass. I agree with KeiBau, TI Flats are something you may want to try on it eventually. They really add to the sound of an instrument.

Dan

6. Hey, what city do you live in? Edmonton? Calgary? Another one?

7. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Nah, I live more close to red deer, in a small town, but goto calgary for all my music related supplies.

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Congrats! You seem very happy with your new bass, I reckon you'll have a lot of fun with it! Enjoy!:)