Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Purdue - any TB'ers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paintandsk8, Feb 19, 2005.

1. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, I'm officially going to purdue now. Majoring in Electronics Technology. I know cam's from that area, do we have any other TB representation at Purdue?

2. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    Not Purdue, but Indiana University. Which means I must hate you from now on :) .

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey Paint-Congrats for getting into Purdue. Out of my top 3 school choices [waiting for all of them to get back to me] only 1 is in Indiana. :) So come August-i might not be around much. :bassist:

4. paintandsk8

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN

That tends to happen to people our age. But, don't worry, I will proudly carry on the Talkbass flame in West Lafayette. :bassist:

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

My husband graduated from Purdue University in 1966. My eldest son attended Purdue four years, but my younger son attended Indiana University.

I hope you enjoy Purdue as much as my husband and son did. You can get a darned fine education there if you apply yourself.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    more like pur-dont. Just kidding i go to butler university in indianapolis, about 45 minutes away, if your in the nap hit me up. My friend peter plays punk bass at purdue and the malcontents have a killer hot female bass player that goes to purdue.

7. paintandsk8

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    You should come over to conseco on Wed. :D

Bop, are you a hoosier, or are you guys fans of our world class education opportunities ;)

(last time I checked margaritaville wasn't in the heartland :D)

8. I have an MS in engineering from Purdue, 1999. Never set foot on campus though.

9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Actually, right now I'm a whole lot closer to Margaritaville!! :D My husband is the Indiana guy...raised within a few blocks of the Wabash River.

These days, however, now that we are retired, we live in Florida (where I am from and I am a "fightin' Gator" from the U of F.) and Key West is one of our favorite hangouts. Not just Key West, actually, but the entire Florida Keys. U.S. Highway 1 is one of the most scenic drives in the United States.

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Pur-who?

I spent a year down in Bloomington, and my wife graduated from IU. I have a cousin who went to Bloomington (which is how I met my wife) and her sister went to Purdue. Their father had a blast at football games, because his daughter's school ALWAYS won!;)

11. paintandsk8

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    friends don't let friends go to IU........... :scowl:

:bag:

12. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA

Malcontents bassist = Sharon Koltick. Her little sister also goes to Purdue-was in marching band and a few other bands at my high school.

Hyperlitem-i know we've talked bout this before-but my sister and several people i know are currently at Butler.

Edit: if any of you guys are ever in the area [Lafayette, West Lafayette] PM for my cell number-more than likely if i don't have a gig [every school band plus a rock band woohooo], i'm open for some bass talk and gear stuff.

13. Hey Cam. Cali boi hand Transplanted by Mom'n'Pop up in that neck of the cornfields. DETASSELED AND ROGUED just for the hell of it and out of step in a small hillbilly town in Benton County.. Go Bisons :spit: .. tried to attend Perdoo for a year then transferred to UC.. can say I'll ever never miss Indiana and all it's mightly Hoosiordumb. Go Boiler Makers :eyebrow:

14. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey there,
    welcome to the musical black-hole that is lafayette, IN! i used to live over by campus a long time ago, but my wife and i have a house on the east side of town and my band does shows on this side of town at the greenbush house(as well as the occasional campus show at various venues). i'd personally recommend any gear/string shopping in town be done down at Klavarenga downtown, great people to deal with, and much better than Mcguire.

15. paintandsk8

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Thanks for the info brad. Maybe we'll run into each other come august.

16. Anyone watching the Purdue/Indiana game?

Good game so far.