Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pure Funk by Down to the Bone.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bearcubs9497, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Anybody ever hear of a tune called "Pure Funk" by Down to the Bone? What a great song! I've not heard anything grove like this for a long, long time.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Isn't this the group that has Julian Crampton playing bass? He was on some of the best Incognito albums, where he played some very funky bass lines! :)

3. Down to the Bone has some very cool and funky tunes. Check out the album "Cellar Funk" as well. If you like them, you would like Soulive.

4. Julian Crampton? I've not heard the name before. Never heard of Incognito, either. But ya know what? I'm gonna find out a lot more about him and them :D!

5. Cellar Funk. Gotcha!

Thanks!

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

British - he's taught music in my home town! :)

7. :D

Ever get a lesson from him?

Too bad that in my neck of the woods, it's mostly warbly, wanna-be country music singers or tone-deaf guitarists.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well then you need to research Andrew Levy while you're at it!

9. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

Randy Hope Taylor is one to check out also, this guy is SICK.

10. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    i saw this thread and went to check Down to the Bone out, and they have a song called carlito's way, is this a sound track to the film? awsome film, but i couldnt find pure funk