Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pure Stupidity of No Common Sense?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Pure Stupidity

29 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. No Common Sense

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    so i'm chillin with my band...and jon's (the guitarist) sister got a job selling cut-co knives...we we're sitting at the kitchen table looking at the knives...and here's how the rest went

jeremy (drummer): i wonder is they are sharpe
    me: prolly, try one
    *jeremy takes steak knife runs finger across blade, cutting his finger, he warps it up*
    me and jon: haha
    jeremy: yeah well try a different one
    *jon takes another knife, runs finger along blade, cuts is finger, wraps it up*
    me: is it my turn to try a kinfe now?
    jon and jeremy: yup
    *i take big butcher knife and run my finger along it, cut myself*

now is this pure stupidity or just a normal teenage lack of common sense?

2. no big deal man......we all do stupid stuff from time to time...I just hope you guys weren't drugged up when trying that, cuz that'll give you a so-so excuse...

one time I set my hand on fire w\ rubbing alcohol to emulate a DBZ thingie for laughs...the fire fed off the alcohol, not my flesh, and it didn't hurt, but it singed off the hairs on my hand and fingers...
    so there you go, there was an act of sheer stupidity.

3. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Do you ever hit yourself in the head with a hammer cuz it feels so good when you stop?

;)

Mike

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow... you guys are tards...

:)

5. :D
    c'mon, we've all done one or two stupid things in our lives, why not even admit to it?:D

6. I would say pure stupidity and abnormal teenage lack of any sense.

7. No, but one time I sat on a tolite, because i read about a guy who had to be taken to the hospital to repair his winkee that had been crushed, because he whacked it with the seat to the tolite, so i tried it, and then it felt funny, then good, so then i stopped...

:ninja:

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    "Stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You and your band seem to be a little below average. ;)

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Stupidity. To test if a knife is sharp, u run your finger over the blade sideways, so it doesnt cut you.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No offense clat, but that has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

however, I did something very similar ,and almost as stupid shaving the other day.

I was shaving, and I was thinking to myself "hmm....it's been a while since I changed the razor head" so after I finished I ran my thumb gently accross the blade, I did it in such a way that I didn't think I'd cut myself, but razors are very sharp :p

fortunately I was being very cautious, because I didn't want to cut my thumb, but I did :p

the cut wasn't that bad, but it made me do a Smack-self-in-forehead.

12. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Here's your sign.

:D

Mike

13. :p so true man. clay, i was expecting more from you. this is how i thought the story was going to end:

14. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Dude, don't let me have Binaca and a lighter at the same time when I'm around friends. First, there's the fireballs made by spraying the Binaca into the lighter, and it's even bigger when the lighter's a Zippo with a big flame. Then of course there's the spraying a s***load of Binaca on my hand and lighting it on fire. That looks crazy awesome in the dark! :p Then knowing me, I'd go and try to light other stuff on fire in the same way I do my hand, but the binaca doesn't light very well on most occasions, so I just use the lighter. Lighting plastic knives on fire whilst high is truly an amazing experience. Little drops of melted plastic fall from the end, burning on the way down, and it's just so cool, even when not high! :p

What can I say, I enjoy watching the different ways various objects can get consumed by flames. Some fast, some slower, some melt and contort in interesting ways. Man, if I could have the coolest life I could think of, I'd gig for money, plus, I'd be a scientist who studies how things burn, and research burning things to figure out ways of preventing things burning that aren't supposed to be burning. Either that, or a pyrotechnics engineer. Mmmmm...explosives. :D

But in the end, setting one's hand on fire isn't nearly as stupid as cutting yerself with a knife, which is just silly. :p :D

15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, you guys are sad. I don't really think it was a "normal teenage lack of common sense" more than it was a "teenage please help me look i'm cool to because I can be stupid funny huh" kinda thing.

16. no need to feel bad........c'mon who else has nice ones?

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Bill Engval rules.

18. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    "Nice ones"???

You know what guys, please, do view anyone around my age as an idiot, since there is no proof that we are smart, thinking, non dependant people.:rolleyes:

Why must youth bath in it's own stupidity like it's some kind of crown?

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Here's my sharp shiny object story... I still don't know how, but I cut my nose shaving one time. I felt pretty damn stupid because hair doesn't grow on my nose. I was going after my mustache area and got my nose.

So to answer your question, I voted for stupid.

20. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Ahhh...naw! I've done stupid stuff, but you shouldn't be doing that. Too many wild diseases out today. Besides, you mess up your body, you may mess up your playing. Intentionally cuttin' yourself, no. Don't let a challange make you do stupid things. Enough of those will come you way, as it is;)

And never, NEVER do anything drummers do for recreation.