Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashevans, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ashevans

Dec 22, 2004
    Oxford, UK
    Well I've seen practically every other colour covered so why not go for my favourite colour-purple :confused:

Didnt see a purple thread so sorry if this has already been done. Post your purple basses! :confused: :confused:
  2. Bill Dickens bass has some purple on the body and fretboard :p

3. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I posted some pics of my Roscoe in the Blue Bass thread, but arguably it's closer to purple than blue:

4. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area

The 5 I used for quite awhile in my old band before the fretless Cirrus made it's way to my hands... It had a huge spacing and was absolutely brilliant to play. Sounded great except for the dead B. Slap monster. It's still around, but I 'sold' it to a buddy who has yet to pay for it. May have it back soon ;)

5. Does Plum Pearl count as purple? :confused: Looks purple to me :D

6. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    The purple to beat all purple.

7. My main four string is blue or purple. Depending on which light it is in. But purple basses do rule.
  8. Zeppelina21

Dec 30, 2004
    London UK
    bovinehost what brand is your bass? It's beautiful!
  9. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
  10. Well, purple is the color of royalty.

All (save the clear acrylic one) of my basses look quite purple, under purple light, to a degree. The black basses are a really dark purple, and the white basses are more of a pastel purple...

Your actual perception may vary, dependant on many things such as the state of any ocular degeneration you may be experiencing, the exact intensity (as measured in lumens) of the light, the quality of the gels used to produce the purple [sic] light, and other conditions outside of our control. Californians will see different colors entirely.
  11. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    The purple Jazz is a Fender, although I no longer own it. If I recall correctly, the body is a 1969 and the neck is a 1975.
  12. andy_p6

Apr 5, 2004
    London, UK
    My recently acquired purple F Bass GFC - pretty sweet IMHO

Attached Files:

13. How exactly did you get your hands on an F Bass in Brisbane?? Where do you shop?
  14. andy_p6

Apr 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Bought it used of a guy in Sydney, only about 3 weeks ago. Ad was on bassgear.com. Right time, right place for a very reasonable price so just couldn't pass it up. The Sydney bloke bought it straight from George F, and had it shipped from Canada. Theres really nothing but fenders and musicman in shops in Brissie.
  15. Agreed (don't forget Ibanez), I had a lot of trouble hunting for my last bass, simply cause of the rubbish that all the guitar shops here stock! Even the Warwicks I played in Guitar Central were all garbage. But like your F Bass, my JM2 just seemed to pop up at the right time with the right price :) Very nice bass btw ;) Now who said Purple basses are ugly :D
  16. SubEndSorcerer

Nov 27, 2004
    needmoney...that bass is purdy. what make is that? lake placid blue is my fav color for bass, but i like that too.
  17. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Thjis isn't mine -- but I wish it was. Does that count?

18. It's a Yamaha RBX JM2
  19. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    My wife's purple Warmoth:
  20. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    its not...purple?