Purple Jazz - what colour pickguard shall I get?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by goat, Mar 16, 2005.

1. goat

Jan 18, 2003
    Bournemouth, England
    Hey all

I recently got hold of a used MIM Fender Jazz bass in purple sparkle. Other than upgrading the pickups and the bridge to a BADASS2, I thought I'd give it a funky new pickguard to replace the scratched up white one.

I can't picture myself what would go well with this kind of colour, and theres so many different types avaliable on. So your input would be much appreiciated

I've included a pic, its not so good but you get the idea

cheers guys, also if you can suggest a decent UK based establishment that sells said item at reasonable price, I'd be greatful :)

Attached Files:

2. Its all about customisation! I did this myself, and although it has started to look a little tatty near the top now, it did look great at first. To do this I bought some sticky back clear plastic film. The backing of the stuff had a grid on it which was handy, so I used that as a guide, using a black marker to fill in the squares. Then once this was done I stuck another sheet of the stuff over the top of it, and then stuck it onto the pickguard itself.

The colour of my bass is quite similar to yours too, and I like to think it works quite well :D

Attached Files:

3. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd go for a white pearloid pickguard.
  4. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I think a black pearloid would look great.
  5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Mirror'ed guard for sure!
  6. Yea mirrored would look great! I'd love to get a mirrored pickguard, if only I had the money.
  7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
  8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Too bad, that color is just begging for some bling bling.
  9. *Looks on ebay for mirrored guard*
  10. i think that looks really great man, i like it a lot
  11. Ah thanks man :D
  12. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    white or black pearloid. yeah, anything else i think would look retarded.

unless you can find clear.
  13. Black pearloid, mirrored, or if you're feeling really funky, Lime green pearloid.
  14. If there is a burgundy color that would be cool, or a deeper purple, maybe even grey, or clear that would loook cool....
  15. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    adonized gold!!!!
    i had a p-j squire that was purple with a gold pickguard. it looked like prince died and was reborn as a bass!
  16. gapupten

Dec 29, 2004
    I agree except for the clear thing. But mostly leaning to the black pearl.