Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Purple Nurple = Community Service

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 8, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That's pretty sad. I'd fine the plaintiff $5000 for a stupid lawsuit that wasted state money.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Man, that 13 year old will regret this big time. If he wasn't the butt of incessant jokes, he will be now.

His mom didn't do him any favors with this crap, he's now going to be branded a "momma's boy" and take so much grief he'll probably end up needing therapy...my folks would have told me to tough it out, or to stand my ground.

He's now going to be labeled a wimp because his mommy bailed him out...

:rolleyes:

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    +1

if he he couldn't handle horseplay, then he shouldn't dished it out (verbal or physical)

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What is this world coming to when you can't give someone a wedgie, swirley or a noogie without worrying about being brought into court on it.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've never LOLed at a thread title, because I read it as "You're doing the community a service if you dish out purple nurples." :D

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *lol* I see how it could be read that way now *lol* :)

8. +1 i did that to lol

9. Ridiculous. This is NOT the government/court system's job at all. This type of garbage is a small representation of what I hate about our "justice" system.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, this is rediculous and this is going to get the 13 year old a load of bull that he doesn't need for the next 5 years of his life. In all honesty, I've gotten my nipples twisted constantly and have done the same to others for years, and have never landed in court. Why? I really don't want to explain to an 80 year old judge the reason behind grabbing another man's nipples. Just doesn't appeal to me.

They're my nipples, but you can touch them if we're friends.

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I wonder if the "turkeys were done."

12. "According to David, the two boys were in line at a local deli when Matthew jokingly made an embarrassing remark to the female clerk about David. In retaliation, David counterattacked with the "titty-twister," the 15-year-old said."

Oh, so the 13 year can humiliate his friend , but he can't take a "humiliating" purple nurple? He had it coming...

13. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    heck , the best memory of my life is being accosted by a gang of girls in grade eight.
    im kinky to this day for it , but i think i come by it honestly. :D

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    What’s funny is that i am 24 and to this day we still do this kind of crap to each other...

but...

This is so sick and wrong... Way to make childhood less and less fun... stupid hippies... We are going to raise a bunch of cry babies robot kids who know nothing about having fun and anytime someone touches them will go and cry to anyone and everyone around... bunch of whinnies

What was that few years back they banned dodge ball in school because it makes people who loose feel bad... god damn it!

Its called having fun... And it teaches kids lessons in letting things go... This crap creates more Emo kids... and adults that go around suing MacDonald’s... this justice system needs to go...

15. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm all for an eye for an eye. The victim should give the other kid a titty twister with a pair of vice lock pliars.

16. I'm willing to bet they're not friends. How many 15 year old boys that you know are kickin' it with 13 year old boys?

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    So So, wait... does this mean that big nipples that are sticking out and are begging for Purple Nurple will now consider "jail bait" ?

18. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Yup. What's a titty twister among kids? Heck, in my high school you'd kinda randomly just bump buddies into the lockers, knock their books out of their hands, give 'em a titty twister, and pull all sorts of stunts. In our world, having that done to you meant you were "in". It was kind of a privileged to get bumped into and/or pranked.

But no, please, let's produce more dyed black backwards haired pink chuck taylor high water pants wearin' twiggy beanpole sittin' on the E string all f'in day kids who... umm.. well, where was I going here?

Vote Quimby.

19. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Now parents are going to petition to get a bra-like purple nurple girdle titty protector patented.

20. Ha! I can see myself using that now!