1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Purple Pickguard (That Isn't Mirror) for Fender Player Precision?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Shadow_Alchemy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Shadow_Alchemy

Shadow_Alchemy

Nov 19, 2019
    I've been saving up for a new bass, I've decided on a Player Precision (Player Precision Bass® | Electric Basses), but I want a specific pickguard for it that I can't find anywhere. I want a purple pickguard that isn't a mirror or pearl. Just a plain purple, nothing fancy. I can't find it anywhere, unless you count from shady ebay accounts that sell 'em for 7 bucks. Anyone know where I could find one?

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello and welcome to TalkBass. Ask WD Music. They should be able to create any pickguard you need, and make it fit perfectly.

3. Axstar

Axstar

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    Shady EBay might be fine. I've bought red Jazz Bass pickguards that fitted perfectly from a Chinese vendor on there.

fhm555 and Beej like this.
  4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Not to discourage but i bought a couple of cheap pickguards off ebay for a jazz bass and both had horribly wrong cuts on the area where the control plate met the guard, resulting in a big crooked gap between the two pieces when mounted.

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i got one by painting it: krylon fusion rattle can ($5 USD at the hardware). it's supposed to bond with the plastic: so far so good! good luck finding your purple pickguard! :thumbsup:

body2.jpg front2.jpg

Slater likes this.
  6. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I have ordered a couple shady pick guards off of ebay with no problems.

Axstar likes this.
  7. slapshot

slapshot

Dec 22, 2018
    WD Music. I bought 1 for my Player J and my Player P. Both fit perfectly.