Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

purpose of sansamp things

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by a e i o u, Nov 23, 2003.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The RBI is the rackmount version of the BDDI, it has extra features including:
    Mid eq
    Two channels (IIRC)
    WHy not go to the tech21 website for more info: http://www.tech21nyc.com

Both can be used as a preamp.
    The BDDI can be used for home recording, live use as a eq/overdrive stomp box and DI unit. If you search , there are many threads about both the BDDI and the RBI.

2. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    One of the units is a floor type unit and the other one is rackmount. Either can be used with a power amp or with a 'standard' head. They are preamps so they can increase your input signal strength, which can effect volume. There are several uses for these units. I would do a search to see what everyone else has to say about them. I do not own one myself.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I know alot of Hardcore and Indie bassists that use the Sansamp BDDI to beef up their sound and make it more punchy. My friend Jason Smith bought one a couple of weeks ago and his rig sounds pretty awesome now. The bassist for Hey Mercedes used one last night on top of his rig.
    Here is a picture of it