Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Purpose of stereo in rack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigBohn, Oct 31, 2001.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    What makes doing stereo in a rack better than mono? More tone, volume, or what? I thought that mono would have more tone because more wattage would be used at the same amount of ohms. Are there any losses or gains? I prefer to use my cabs stacked on top of eachother, 2 Goliaths. Both are full range, so would mono be the better option. Help would be obliged, and thanked for.

2. I thought you had the 8x10?

Oh well...anyway, the main purpose I would see for stereo is either if you're using stereo effects and/or you need coverage over a large stage, in which case, you can put one cab on each side. I don't think tone really has anything to do with it though.

3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Or if you have 2 cabs that are not the same... so you can balance the volume to taste.

4. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    haha, funky, you are so awesome for answering any questions i have. thanks, and btw, i changed about the Megoliath due to transportation issues at the current moment. Until I get a pickup, the 2 Goliaths will do, until I get the Megoliath, which I will.:D thanks again, buddy.

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    alright, primusdude, thanks:)