Push my small Stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PatrickEdmonds, Jan 31, 2006.

1. PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    I have a Classic ampeg 210HE and 115EN
    on the ampeg website is says they are both 200 watts RMS 400 Program, but the back of my 210 say 250 RMS 500 Program.
    What is the maximum wattage I could push these without harming/blowing them? Tube and Solidstate. I run The B2RE now at 450 watts at 4 ohms.
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    That rig should be a good match...and sound nice too...

Do you need more wattage? Is it loud enough, etc.?

If you need to be louder, demand to run through the PA so you don't have to personally pay for and carry the extra equipment required to be "loud enough"....
  3. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    No reason why you cant go to about 400W per cab, more if you really need to.
  4. PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    I was just thinking If I ever did get A better head.
    I dropped my B2RE (In a Rack case, but the front and back were off) right on the front. Bent the handle sidewase and broke off a grphic eq slider. It just pisses me off now. If I ever do get another head, I just wanted to know If I had the possibility of having a higher quality/wattage head such as a mesa running like 600 watts.
  5. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I think the general concensus is that having an amp rated for equal to the total wattage of the cabs is perferred. having an amp rated twice what the speakers can handle is better still, if you can afford that. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE RUNNING AT FULL WATTAGE, but the reserve power is protection against the amp "clipping" or maxxing out its capability in louder situations.

keep a keen ear out for "farting" sounds from the cabs or excessive speaker movement. IF YOU EVER HEAR THE SOUND DISTORT, FART, OR CHANGE DRASTICALLY FROM THE TONE YOU HAD BEFORE YOU TURNED IT UP MORE, its time to turn down and reasess what is happening with the speaker, amp, etc...

"overpowering or underpowering doesn't ruin speakers, STUPIDITY DOES!!!"