1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Push Pull Pot for active passive mode?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Hi,
    I have a OBP1 preamp in my bass,wired Pan Vol Treble and Bass.I want to install a push pull pot to go to passive mode and at the same time switch off the battery.I would like that pot to be the bass pot.On the schematics it says the value is 25 k. I heard that I need a DPDT switch to get what I want.Is that true? Is there a push pull pot with a DPDT switch? Does anyone here have a source for them and maybe even a wiring diagram?

2. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    Never heard of a push pull pot in use in a bass. I know that buckethead has a push button signal cut though. I'm also interested in this.

3. I've got a sadowsky preamp in my Jazz and it has the push pull pot.I originally couldn't have cared less but I grew to like it.

4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
  5. Wiring diagram is on Aguilar's site. Wire the pot up like normal and the switch part of the pot as shown in the diagram. A push pull pot is just a pot with a DPDT switch activated by pulling the pot up.

6. Free Tibet

Free Tibet Guest

Sep 20, 2005
    Florida
    Anyone know the model of pot that Warwick uses on their active basses?

It's Volume with a push/pull for active/passive selection.