Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Put a fork in it - Finally!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Jun 18, 2003.

1. It's been a long haul but the final version for Lord Only's first CD is finally on the way to the printer. :D

You guys should really check this disc out when it finally hits the market. The sublime blend of progressive instrumentation and "stone-well" deep lyrics makes this debut album unusual when it's compared to most self-produced works. I've greatly enjoyed listening to it while working on the graphics. And, if I say so myself, the graphics are stunning - Thanx to JT for the confidence to give me the opportunity.

I won't discuss the actual album release date since that's pretty much JT's domain but it'll be soon. And look for LO's next offering very soon. You won't be disappointed.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sweet! how's one go about pre-ordering one of these things? ;) or is my pre-order deposit from four years ago still good? :D

3. *breaks out the champagne*

I've relaly been looking forward to this CD, music and graphics!

:bassist:

4. I think John will probably honor all promissory notes issued in the last couple of years - if only to prove that the doggone thing really does exist! :)

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Let's see, the CD's been in the works for 10years, so it should be done at the printers by... 2005?

:D:D

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I'll just wait and get it off kazaa :eek: just kidding.

Seriously, how is someone gonna get it down here if its only available in local markets? And how much is it gonna cost? Waits for JT to chime in

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I already got it off Kazaa. :p

brad cook

8. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Man, you guys have been waiting a while haven't you? Well, as a Lord Only insider (actually, I'm in the liner notes), I can tell you that this album is awesome. My favorites are Time Out and Spiritual Animal, but Wounded's lyrics are really, really deep.

So I can tell you this much- it's definatley worth the wait.

9. Iceland tour and release date?

:D

10. I'm curious...
    and if I put it in my car, I'm pretty sure a lot of my friends will ask me, "what the hell is this?"
    :p

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Half of my friends say "SHUT THAT **** OFF!" and the other half says "What was THAT?!"

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    whew.

just got back from fedex, sent the stuff off to cdman today, they should get it by tomorrow noon.

finally. d-day is july 11. here's hopin'.

thanks to allan for doing a bang-up job, and to all you folks for being interested in the project :).