Put in my place.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Feb 5, 2002.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I used to play with a keyboard player who's humor was so dry he could just look at me onstage and crack me up.

One night a local band leader came up to us after watching our first set (The keyboard player and I had not left the stage yet.) and asked me if I would be interested in being his new bass player.

Now I thought this kind of classless to do this directly in front of my other bandmates, yet was somewhat proud that he liked my playing enough to ask me in such a manner.

After (politely) refusing his offer he proceded to move over to my keyboard player and ask "So, do you know any good bass players?"

Seeing my chest filled with pride he looked at the band leader and with a slight grin, deadpanned:

"Any GOOD ones? No...no I don't."
  2. that's tough man!
    what goes around comes around.
    regardless of your playing ability, your the better musician.
  3. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Ha ha, I like that!
  4. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings

I'd say it's time for a good prank. Put a Whoopee Cushion on your keyboard player's seat.
  5. Sorry man but that is damn funny.

Would have been funier if he held up his left hand.
  6. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Mic it, too. :)
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    ROFL! :D:D
  8. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    ... and add distortion! :D
  9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    add some limiter enhancer,it adds nice bottom end rump...:p
  10. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

A good way to get even is taping some of his keys together... Just take pieces of tape and place on the bottom or side of the keys where they can't be seen unless you bend down... Or if he sits down when he plays, introduce him to MR HEADSTOCK !!! It's a wonderful attitude adjustment tool... Steven..