putting a badass bridge under a pickup cover?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mindflow, Nov 4, 2005.

1. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    does anyone know if a badass bridge would fit under a jazz bass pickup cover? the ones with the fender F on it?
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  3. Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Nope, isn't the Marcus Miller Bass proof enough?
  4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    The bridge cover from a 5 string sx jazz will fit over a badass II 4 string. I have one, and it isn't installed but I checked the fit and it works.

It might fit over a badass 5 string, and the 4 string sx cover might fit over a badass 4, but I have not had the chance to try either of these options.
  5. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    thanks, i have a new bass coming from japan in a couple days, now i have to decide whether to change out the cover for a bridge. i think they look great (the back one, the front cover gets in the way) but a badass makes such a difference
  6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    With a hammer, some duct tape, wood filler and gummy worms, ANYTHING will fit! :D
  7. beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Another option you might consider is the Gotoh 201. It's about midway between the stock bridge and the badass, nicely made, and not too expensive. I know the cover will fit over it on a precision (I used to have one with that setup) and am 99% sure it will work on the jazz too.
  8. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    good idea, i know a lot of people on here use the gotoh, any idea of the best place to get one?