Putting Amps Together

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by Ibanez Bassist, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Sorry, this might not be the right place for this post or question.. But why is everything I have for bass amps a 4 Ohm and everything they sell to go with it ( so it seems ) an 8 Ohm.. can I run a line from my Fender Rumble 100 out put ( 4 Ohm) to a passive 8 Ohm speaker.. or can I use an active monitor ? Thanks Scott

2. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
  3. Thank you for the input Hawkbone. That forum would be a more appropriate forum.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    dave, hi, first post in here. if you're the mod of this forum, you can move it to amps yourself, or if you're not sure how, i'm sure a mod would hop right on it for you.

ibby, your amp presents a bit of a problem. it runs at 4 ohms to get all the power you can get out of a smaller amp. unfortunately, you either give up expandability or the expandability you get is very reduced. you cannot use a speaker out to run into a second cab, either powered or not powered. this is referred to by the techs on here as "a way to blow up the head in your combo." if it has a 1/4" line out, you could use that to go to a powered cab, but you'd need a power amp to use the non-powered cab.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021