1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Putting off an essay?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    What's up OT?

i'm putting off writing my only essay for my only class this semester.

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    You should, uh, probably do that essay...

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I've got one more paper to write for a class that I have an A in right now. If I completely suck at it, I'll pass with a B.

Time for the Dark Brotherhood quests.

4. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nice.

I lost my assassins note, so i have to find another one...

I got the bookcase glitch, where i put my books in, and they NEVER appear, and i can't active the bookcase. Kind of a piss off.

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Just start writing...inspiration will strike.

6. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Be sure to wait until the last night before it's due. ;)

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    That is some serious inspiration! :bassist:

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Prolly the two hours before its due.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Haven't gotten that one yet. Is that the house in Solitude?

10. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    No, it's the house in Whiterun.

And I finished the essay. It wasn't even an essay; more of a reflection on my teaching philosophies. I should've talked about bringing corporal punishment back, cause these little kids are becoming snotty little pukes.

It's also due in TWO days, thank you very much. However, i found out about it two weeks ago..

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA

12. Staredge

Staredge

Aug 7, 2010
    Germantown, MD
    I usually do mine the day it's due. 4 or 5 hours of panic and a bunch of misery about how it turns out.

.....and then I get an A on the fershnicket thing. Need to get slammed on one.....maybe that'll break me out of this (30 year old) habit.

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Instead, maybe you should just find a school that doesn't require a 30-year enrollment ;)

14. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    whaddaya know, I'm doing the exact same thing right now! Course', it's almost done already, I only need about a half a page more. Buuuuuuuut I don't wanna.

15. Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2 grade average. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?

Flounder: Hello!

Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete. Mr. Blu - MR. BLUTARSKY... ZERO POINT ZERO.

16. I am killing time right now instead of writing a report. The good news? I have written 1200 words so far today. The bad news? I have another 3000 or so to go, including reading several other reports and including summaries in this report. I am not going to be sleeping much for the next few days.

lowsound

17. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I usually think about my essays for at least 3 or 4 days then I write them all at once, even if it takes 20 hours. That's what works best for me. The dissertations that I have done were in the same manner, one chapter at time after lots of thought.

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Got my 5 page paper done in 2 hours today. That's a best for me so far. Of course it was a topic I really cared about instead of the usual bs I write for college papers, but oh well.

19. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I have a 2 page paper due at 11. Think I will read up on my Cracked first. I can use a full MLA header, so it ain't no thang.

20. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Got my term task-thingy a few hours ago. Just got home, jumped to TB for a quick overlook. Putting off stuff is great. I'd rather take 10 more minutes than delving into oh-so-interesting points of how pre-marriage claims for assets one spouse has been a part of increasing the value of impacts post-marriage sharing of assets.