Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Putting the cart B4 the Horse - cab build?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BBMS, Sep 28, 2005.

1. BBMS

BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    I have a student who plays bass in a (yes) marching band (with the mallets). The purpose is to enhance the lows and support the low brass. We have a Trace Elliot 4x12 cabinet/QSC1450/BBE BMax strapped on a garden cart with 13" wheels. The trace is 29" x 29" x 14" and with the pre/amp, is much taller than wide, which, even strapped down, is not ideal, but sounds really good (to me, anyway). I would like to have a cabinet that fits the cart that has 23"(w) x 47" (L) of available area, height is flexible, but I want to keep it low (24"?) to maintain balance when rolling. If you could build a cabinet of these dimensions (23x47x?), how many of what would you put in? Keep in mind, we use a 1500 watt inverter, and (so far) the biggest amp I can run is the 1450. I've read a lot about 18's, 15's, 12's and 10's. What combination, and how would you build this cart of a cab? Thanks! MY