putting xst with xlt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drake, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Has anyone put xlt series edens with the xst series to see how that combo sounds? I would like to hear about it..

2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Haven't tried it but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
  3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If I ever manage to get my 210XST to guitar center Ill try it out with a Metro Combo.

4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I haven't ran a combo involving an XLT and an XST, but I thought I'd share my similar experience with the 2-10T and the 2-10XLT (with a GK 1001rb). This combination didn't sound a good as I thought it would.

I originally had one 2-10T and later bought a 2-10XLT. I recognized that the cabs had different types of 10" drivers (which would probably have different frequency responses) and had different porting (one slotted port for the T and two slotted ports for the XLT). I initially expected the cabs to compliment each other; the 2-10T could handle more of the mids and mid-bass, while the XLT could handle the lower end due to its additional porting and higher rated drivers. Both cabs have horns for highs.

Like yourself, I even posted a thread here at TB asking for opinions prior to buying the XLT. Most responses said that "they thought the combination would sound good". Unfortunately, to my ears anyway, the combination didn't sound as well as I had expected. Don't get me wrong, the rig worked; it was loud and punchy. But it seemed as if the different tonalities coming from each cabinet did not compliment each other. The T also sounded sounded slighty louder that the XLT, perhaps due to the different power ratings of the drivers. I ended up selling the T, and buying another 2-10XLT. I've been really happy with the performance of these two cabs together.

This may, or may not, apply to the XLT / XST combination though. I thought I'd share the story with you, just so you have as much info as possible prior to making your decision.
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I went to an Eden clinic the other night and the bassist was using a WT-800 through a 410XLT and a 410XST. Ironically, the XST was on the top of the XLT...I guess I'd put it on the bottom...but the XLT had castors on it.

I don't have much experience listening to Eden cabinets to know how it sounded compared to two of the same thing...but it sounded very good.

The bassist used an MIA Deluxe J5 and a 6 string Ken Smith...I liked the sound of the Jazz better (and I was quite surprised).