Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

puya is phat!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Viper X, Jul 18, 2002.

1. All bassist who like Heavy Metal should check out a band from Puerto Rico called PUYA! They play songs in spanish and english but etheir way they rock the house! They are currently signed with MCA Records and a new live album live from San Juan, Puerto Rico should be out soon but the previous ones are called "Fundamental" and "Union"

2. hell yea kid. puya is off tha chain. i've been listening to them since 97 and they are definetely one of my favorite fusion bands. it sucks that they don't get the credit they deserve. and they're bass player is NASTY!!

LoRD_eZek....one.http://www.angelfire.com/realm/strychnyne]check out my band Strychnyne[/URL]

3. hell yea kid!! puya is off the chain!! i've been listening to them since 97 and they are definetely one of my favorite fusion bands. it's screwed up that they don't get the recognition they deserve. and their bass player is NASTY!!!!

LoRD_eZeK.....one.

check out my band Strychnyne

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Puya is OK. But this Forum is about basses. And chill with the profanity, it's against the rules.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My friend's cousin plays upright for them. I ike their 2 bassists approach.

6. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Different,Aggressive but Delicious!

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    wrong forum.

And like was said, knock off the swearing.

Moved and edited.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This forum is for discussing basses, not bands.
    Moved.

And LoRD_eZeK--profanity is a direct violation of forum rules, whether it is masked by spelling it differently or not. Do not do this again, this was the second post of yours that I have had to edit.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have merged both Puya threads.

If I see any foul language, I'll delete the thread outright.

10. Oh yeah. Sorry. it was logged in on my computer and I wanted to post something...

Yeah. Puya is ok but a bit over rated. I just like them because they come from Puerto Rico and for all the fusion that they do as far as "los rumbeos" and stuff like that they have. I personally like their earlier stuff that is a bit harder to find. But this is just a friend of the user...

Hey. I'll log off after this sorry

PAZ PARA VIEQUES!