Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Puzzled with my new cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Happy MurphDay, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    I just sold my Genz Benz 410 XB2 to buy a different cab, I loved the genz but i needed another for a full stack to compete and be heard, so I bought a Mesa RR 1516BE cab and simply love it, except for the weight. any way, I play pick style and play with an alembic F1-X and I love the tones I get, that is untill I played finger style, It sounded like a had a blown speaker, but then i picked up my pick and it sounded great again, even thought ive been playing pick, Ive been wanting to expand my knowledge and learn finger style

like I said, it sounds graet and full with a pick, then bad with my fingers, and i dont think that my lack of experience will cause such a drastic change in sound, can anybody help?

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Have you tried Re-EQing your amp specifically for fingers? It's a really drastic change when I switch it up. Especially in the treble range

3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    a little eqing, I didnt sit down and redo the eq, but it was just bad with fingers, ill try some more after work, but just the drastic change puzzled me
    thanks for the reply